- Make sure you have access to your Pearl Certification Report, Appraisal Institute Green and Energy Efficiency Addendum, the Letter to the Lender, and the Letter to the Appraiser. These resources were issued in an email when your home was certified and are also available in your Green Door account.
- Review your Pearl Certification to make sure it is accurate and reflects the current state of your home. If your report was issued years ago or if you made recent updates that were not included in your original report, you may update your home's report in Green Door.
NOTE: If you have a solar system and your report was issued prior to July, 2021, contact Pearl at email@example.com. Pearl launched a new tool and report features in late summer of 2021 that can help an appraiser during the valuation process.
- There are many factors to consider when looking for a lending institution and when considering specific loan products. Two factors that you may also consider:
- Look for loan products that may be available for high-performing homes. These are often called energy efficient mortgages (EEMs). These types of loans may not apply to your specific home or meet your objectives (some are intended to pay for energy efficient improvements, others may help you qualify for a better rate).
- Look for lenders that might have some knowledge of "green" homes and are willing to accept your Pearl Certification report and communicate that to their appraisal department.