Pearl offers a variety of services to homeowners. Most of those services are provided through Pearl's homeowner portal called Green Door.
Pearl helps homeowners maintain and improve their home by:
- storing their home's documents and details about the home's high-performing features
- offering 3rd-party recommendations based on industry best practices and "building science"
- connecting them with qualified professionals that have been accepted into Pearl's network.
Pearl also helps homeowners make those high-performing features visible at time of sale or time of refinance. Pearl helps homeowners understand the process and how they can maximize the likelihood that their high-performing features will impact the sale and appraisal process. Every Pearl certified home receives:
- a complimentary "real estate marketing package" to help a listing agent properly differentiate the home
- a completed Appraisal Institute's Green and Energy Efficient Addendum
Pearl cannot offer certain services to homeowners.
- Pearl does not make improvements, install features, provide specific improvement recommendations for homeowners, or endorse specific products. As such, Pearl is not a direct party in the home improvement, valuation, refinance, or home sale process. As a third-party, Pearl’s primary interest is ensuring the data quality and accuracy of its Certification Reports as well as the brand integrity of its network.
- Pearl is not a real estate firm and cannot provide guidance on pricing. While Pearl certified homes have been shown to sell for more, local listing agents are the experts in their markets and Pearl can not provide specific guidance on Comparative Market Analyses (CMAs) and other aspects of a home sale that are specific to local markets.'
- Pearl does not provide valuation services nor can it directly intervene in the appraisal process.Pearl serves as a resource to homeowners, lenders, and appraisers during the refinance and/or home sale process.
- Pearl provides information and seeks to empower homeowners to make the value of their investments visible.
- Pearl is a resource to help appraisers more readily access information about a subject property. Pearl also references industry standards and best practices to help lenders and appraisers understand why a home's performance features may be an important part of the loan process.
- Pearl can only third-party certify data from qualified sources. Pearl may be able to certify certain home features when homeowners provide supporting documentation to Pearl (e.g., a dishwasher). Pearl can not certify other features without data from qualified professions, based on specific professional credentials (e.g., diagnostic test results or the determination of quality installation).